Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 16:55:29 -0700
From:      John Derk <johnderk@infoserve.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: installing XWindows

Doug White wrote:

> > _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61
>
> Connection refused; your X server didn't fire up.  What X server did you
> install?

I chose "Accelerated Server" (?) number 10: "XF86_S3V." As far as I can tell,
from looking at the config file, S3V is the server I installed.

I've since tried to use SVGA. Still no luck. Same "errno = 61..." etc..

> Edit /etc/XF86Config, skip down to the Device section, and remove the
> Clocks lines from the spec for your video card.

There was no clocks line.

>  You should not have run X
> -probeonly since it probed the Clocks line.

I didn't. (Apologies for the poor sentence structure.)

Please tell me if there is any other diagnostic info I can look for/provide.

Thanks,
John Derk <johnderk@infoserve.net>