Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 23:54:20 -0400
From:      "Brett G. Castleberry" <bcc9746@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
To:        <newbies@freeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Diary - how to guides

    I found FreeBSD Diary a couple of weeks ago, and was very glad to have
another source of information about FreeBSD.  I particularly enjoyed the
article, "Installing FreeBSD on a Windows 95 machine".  The "blow-by-blow"
account helped me picture an installation in a way that the instructions
have not.  I am a really new "newbie" (learning unix in order to do this
thing).  I have decided that the Windows+FreeBSD on one disc, with
partitions and all, adds a layer of complexity and worry that I don't need,
so I've decided to install FreeBSD on a separate 486 (they're cheap enough
these days).  Hope to do it between terms here at FSU in May.  Meanwhile,
I'm working my way through the FreeBSD Manual.  Thanks for FreeBSD Diary.  I
want to explore it more when I have the time.  And thanks to all of you old
hands for taking the time to fill us in.

Sincerely,
Brett Castleberry
FSU School of Information Studies
Tallahassee, Florida