Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:02:16 -0400
From:      "Indigo 23" <indigo23@gmail.com>
To:        "michael johnson" <ahze@freebsd.org>, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Firefox 2.0 ready for FreeBSD

I recently tried updating to Firefox 2.0, but whenever I launch it, it
crashes instantly.  I tried removing ~/.mozilla/firefox, pluginreg.dat
and appreg and starting fresh, but it still crashes on startup.  I
originally compiled without the LOGGING and DEBUG, but after the
crashes, I recompiled with both of them on.  Here's the output when I
launch from the command line:

% firefox
Type Manifest File: /usr/local/lib/firefox/components/xpti.dat
*** Registering Apprunner components (all right -- a generic module!)
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering begins.
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering succeeded
nsNativeComponentLoader: registering deferred (0)
Could not write out perisistant registry!
No Persistent Registry Found.
Type Manifest File: /home/saif/.mozilla/firefox/o9fy34ot.default/xpti.dat
*** Registering Apprunner components (all right -- a generic module!)
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering begins.
*** Registering xpcomObsoleteModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering xpconnect components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsUConvModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsUCvMathModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsI18nModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsMorkModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering mozStorageModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering JavaScript_Debugger components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering necko_core_and_primary_protocols components (all right
-- a generic module!)
*** Registering necko_secondary_protocols components (all right -- a
generic module!)
*** Registering nsJarModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsPrefModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsSecurityManagerModule components (all right -- a
generic module!)
*** Registering nsRDFModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsParserModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsGfxPSModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsGfxGTKModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsIconDecoderModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsImageLib2Module components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsPluginModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsWidgetGtk2Module components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsLayoutModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering docshell_provider components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering embedcomponents components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering Browser_Embedding_Module components (all right -- a
generic module!)
*** Registering nsEditorModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsTransactionManagerModule components (all right -- a
generic module!)
*** Registering nsComposerModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering appshell components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsCJVMManagerModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsAccessibilityModule components (all right -- a
generic module!)
*** Registering nsChromeModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsFindComponent components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering application components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsFileViewModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering RemoteServiceModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering CommandLineModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsToolkitCompsModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsSoftwareUpdate components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering BOOT components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering NSS components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering PKI components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering mozgnome components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsCookieModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsXMLExtrasModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsAutoConfigModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsSystemPrefModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering TransformiixModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsUniversalCharDetModule components (all right -- a
generic module!)
*** Registering nsWebServicesModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsGnomeVFSModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsAuthModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsPermissionsModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering mozSpellCheckerModule components (all right -- a
generic module!)
*** Registering mozMySpellModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering SearchServiceModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering BrowserDirProvider components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsBrowserCompsModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering succeeded
nsNativeComponentLoader: registering deferred (0)
nsNativeComponentLoader: registering deferred (0)
nsNativeComponentLoader: registering deferred (0)
nsNativeComponentLoader: registering deferred (0)
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering begins.
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering succeeded
nsNativeComponentLoader: registering deferred (0)
pldhash: for the table at address 0x84c3920, the given entrySize of 44
probably favors chaining over double hashing.
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file
nsChromeRegistry.cpp, line 1252
WARNING: dependent window created without a parent, file
nsAppStartup.cpp, line 455
GFX: dpi=96 t2p=0.0666667 p2t=15 depth=24
++WEBSHELL == 1
++DOMWINDOW == 1
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file
nsPermissionManager.cpp, line 645
++DOMWINDOW == 2
Note: styleverifytree is disabled
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file
nsStringBundle.cpp, line 273
Note: frameverifytree is disabled
Note: verifyreflow is disabled
--WEBSHELL == 0
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file
nsPermissionManager.cpp, line 632
++WEBSHELL == 1
++DOMWINDOW == 3
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It gets as far as asking me what settings to import, and when I tell
it not to import anything, it just crashes.  Even when I tell it to
import settings from Opera, it still crashes.

Relevant info:
% uname -a
FreeBSD bsdbox 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #4: Tue Sep  5 06:54:26
EDT 2006     root@bsdbox:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/BSDBOX-DUALCORE
i386