Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:19:55 +1000
From:      "Lachlan O'Dea" <lodea@vet.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE 1.1.2 - screensaver password problem

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 12:24:51AM +0000, Tim Liddelow wrote:
> I just installed KDE-1.1.2 (after using 1.1.1) and am now having
> problems with the screensaver password.  Basically, it doesn't
> recognise the password - is this a libcrypt problem?  With 1.1.1 there
> wasn't a problem.
>
> Any ideas?

I don't know the cause, but I had the same problem. Another problem I
ran into earlier is that kdm doesn't work (at least not when installed
from the package). For this reason, I downloaded the kdebase source, ran
configure with --enable-pam, and then rebuit kdm and kscreensaver. This
did the trick. I've been trying to get around to submitting a PR on
this.

If you want to try this route, let me know and I'll send you my
/etc/pam.conf which has the PAM entries you'll need.

This was probably one for -ports...?

--
Lachlan O'Dea <mailto:lodea@vet.com.au>   Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software

"Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is!" - Yoda, Jedi Master