Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:11:19 +0100
From:      H.Lambermont@chello.nl (H)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mozilla and 4.2-RELEASE

Hiroyuki Aizu wrote:

> > The problem exists in the vanilla FreeBSD 4.2 with XFree86-3.3.6 and
> > doesn't exist in the binary built under 4.1-STABLE (not even
> > 4.1.1-STABLE) at home, where I've XFree86-4 (which was also built
> > under 4.1-STABLE)
> I guess, it was caused by linked library at compile time.

I use the NSPR (NetScape Portable Runtime) library, which mozilla uses
(see mozilla/nsprpub/), and get the following at runtime under 4.2-STABLE :

    Fatal error 'siglongjmp()ing between thread contexts is undefined by
    POSIX 1003.1' at line ? in file
    /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_jmp.c (errno = ?)

Which does not show under 4.0-RELEASE

I guess the libc_r library is more strict now ?

Could this be related to your mozilla problems ?

  Hans Lambermont
--
http://hans.mypage.org/