Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 1996 09:59:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@widomaker.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   System Admin Tools

 Talking to Jamie this morning.. I realized that we have lots of
 complete tools for sysadmin work but none of the nifty quickie tools
 that we each use each day included with the installation.  Some
 examples of these tools are:

 	zap / dkill - kills by process name instead of pid
	gps			- lists by process name

 And others...  Also things like a .cshrc that puts your $cwd in your
 title bar or command line depending on your TERM.  Things like a
 particularly neat setup for .fvwmrc or scripts for handling xauth
 neatly.  So what I am looking for is all the neat things that you
 might have available and use on a daily basis that you would be
 willing to send in for inclusion in a sysadmin.tools.pkg.

 What I am looking for is the tool, and a short concise and to the
 point readme explaining what it is, where it goes, and who sent it. I
 will try to put all the tools that I get together into a package that
 can be installed on the system. Manpages for some of the more
 elaborate stuff would be nice.

 Please send them to

 ftp://belgrath.widomaker.com/incoming/sysadm-tools

 I would prefer a tarball with the tools and accompanying readme...
 and title it somthing like :

  bransons.tgz

 Thanks!

   -branson

 Branson Matheson       | Ferguson Enterprises  | If Pete and Repeat were
 System Administrator   | W: (804) 874-7795     | sittin on a fence and Pete
 Unix, Perl, WWW        | branson@widomaker.com | fell off, who is left?