Date:      Sat, 4 Jan 1997 06:46:50 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MOD_DECL in lkm.h

Bruce Evans wrote:
> Most modules have
> no need for a stat function.

That's a shame because it is a useful interface for looking at debug info.
Ah well, looks like my module won't have a stat function either.

> Bruce

BTW, with lkms, how is device config info (like in kernel config files)
supposed to be passed in rather than hard coding the configuration?
In my case, I've got a digital I/O board that can have dip switches set
to a range of base addresses. And it can be configured not to do interrupts
or IRQs 2 - 7. I'd like to be able to do:

modload -c config_file -p postinstall XXX_mod.o

where the config_file might contain something similar to that given to
the kernel config. Then I'd like the number of units to come from the
config_file rather than from the NXXX in the XXX.h header file.

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org           119 Cecil Street