Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 23:51:07 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: In (some sort of) defense of Unix-Review

John Kenagy wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 12 June 1998 at  8:35:59 -0600, Wes Peters wrote:
> > > I fear that eventually the only computer magazines on the planet will be
> > > PC World, which is about as content-free as you can get, and Gamers World.
> > > At that point, I'll just have to leave.  ;^)
> > >
> > > --
> > >        "Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
> >
> > Sounds like it happened.
> >
> Nah! There's Cruising World, lots of great sailboats, fantastic places,

Yeah, did you like the article about "2000: the ultimate cruising year?"
I'm planning now to sell the house and buy a nice Morgan 36 fall '99, and
just cut out.  Party on the "date line", Jan 1.  America Cup in NZ, Jan-
Apr, then off to Sydney for the Olympics.  Then return home the long way,
via CapeTown and Tenerife.  ;^)

Of course, I'm going to need a good generator to power that 21" monitor,
and a LeoSat PPP link.  Can't miss out on FreeBSD chat while cruising the
world, can I?

> Hey! Great Barrier Reef... No, wait, that book Heavy Weather Sailing,
> there was a chapter on "the ultimate wave"... OOhhh Nooooo...
>
> I'll stay here ;-)

I get Sailing World, too, since I own a race boat.  Ever surfed a J/22?
Not possible to have more fun with your clothes on.  ;^)