Date:      Wed, 06 Jan 2021 10:04:47 -0800
From:      Chris <portmaster@bsdforge.com>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can we create an (only for) ARCHS meta-category?

I'd like to propose we create an ARCHS category.
IOW create a category that works on the different 1st 2nd tiers
supported by FreeBSD.
It's difficult for users of other than x86/amd64 to find ports
that will build/install on their systems. If we could create a
category that contained ports that were known to work on archs
*besides* x86/amd64. They'd know what to anticipate, if they're
looking to start (or continue) using FreeBSD. This seems especially
important where meta-ports are concerned.

Thanks! :-)

--Chris