Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2001 12:52:04 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David O'Brien <obrien@freebsd.org>
Cc:        portmgr@freebsd.org, Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WITHOUT_X vs. WITHOUT_X11 vs. NO_X

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 10:15:44AM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> Portsmgrs, when this last came up, people seemed to agree on
> "WITHOUT_X11" so I changed my ports to use that.  Now it seems WITHOUT_X
> has gotten documented as the proper way.

Certainly I believe that NO_X is not appropriate, since other ports
and make.conf knobs are of the form {USE,WITH,WITHOUT}_<blah>

I have no real preference as to WITHOUT_X vs WITHOUT_X11, though given
the albeit remote possibility of an X12, I believe it makes more sense
to use WITHOUT_X, especially given the -doc activity you have mentioned.

So, my vote is for WITHOUT_X.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			       ade@FreeBSD.org