Date:      Sat, 08 Jan 2000 22:09:15 +0100
From:      Thierry Herbelot <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
To:        Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP kernel panics after calling acquire_timer0

hello,

You may want to upgrade to a more recent source tree :
I've cvsupped from a 4.0-19991229-CURRENT snapshot to the sources around
01/05 21h00 GMT and SMP works fine on my machine (I have seen strange
things with the snapshot : cvs did not want to check out the source tree
! not a pleasant discovery when wanting to update the sources)

Is your machine specific in some ways ? (Compaq, for example)

You may also post excerpts from your dmesg when booting as UP.

	TfH