Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 19:27:07 -0300 (BSC)
From:      Sandro Santos Andrade <sandro@nexos.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Oracle Server 8 in FreeBSD 3.1

> Are you following the directions at
> http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~mhmoolen/howto-oracle.html
>
> I would guess that you will need to use 3.1-STABLE.

  Hello Nathan,

  Thank you very much for your hint. I finally
got success in to run the orainst program.
  Nevertheless, I cann't install some components
(among them SQL*Plus) because the installer tried
to link two files: libnsl.a and libld.a that should
be in the $ORACLE_HOME/lib directory, but there are
no such files.
  Anyone can help me in order to get such files ?
Or some hint ?

  Thanks in advance,

      Sandro Santos Andrade