Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:48:52 -0500
From:      <mnavarre@cox.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD and VIA K8M800 chipset

I just got a new computer with a ECS KDM800-M2 motherboard. Does anyone
know of any problem with this chipset/motherboard?

I've tried installing 6.0/i386 and 5.4/i386 on it with no luck. 6.0 failed
installing from the CD with sh segfaulting in pkg_add, and then panics on
startup when trying to mount /.

5.4 installed fine, but various things (dmesg, more, reboot) either segfault or
bus error.

I suspect that it's got a bad stick of RAM, but I'd just like to make sure there's
no known problems with this MB.

Thanks,
Matt