Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 10:50:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rudy Rucker <rudy@dipsy.monkeybrains.net>
To:        Grandpa Walrus <root@web-walrus.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question regarding POP3

I know how to implement 'a solution'.  It is probably not the best,
nevertheless, I use this methodology (I manage about 10 domain names).
It works with FBS out-of-the-box.

YOu have to create unique unix accounts for every user.  To do this
prepend every user name with a suffix to identify which domain they reside
in.  (this makes it easy to erase a bunch of domain names when a domain
stops hosting with you as well).

 DOMAIN NAME         -> SUFFIX for unix level username
 marinasancarlos.com -> msc
 stim.com            -> sti
 thebiglebowski.com  -> tbl

Next, take care of incoming mail with some sendmail configuration
tweaks in /etc/mail/virutalusertable:
   @marinasancarlos.com	msc-%1
   @stim.com	sti-%1
   @thebiglebowski.com	tbl-%1

(don't forget to add all these domains to your /etc/mail/sendmail.cw file)
(don't forget to go to http://www.sendmail.org/ to figure out how to set
up a virtualusertable)

Now, tell your users their POP accounts are msc-sales, msc-support,
tbl-support, etc.  (don't forget to make these accounts with 'adduser'!)

Rudy