Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 21:06:55 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Nick Rogness" <nick@rogness.net>, "Rick Duvall" <maillist@coastsight.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: OT: T1 vs PRI

You also can get a voice T1 provisioned B8ZS which divides it up into 24 64K
channels.

>> T1 costs less than PRI
>
>	SOmetimes....depends on tarrif's and other factors.
>
>> PRI can do ISDN, T1 can't...
>
>	This is not true.  You can use DOV (data-over-voice) to connect
>	ISDN calls into your CT-1.

If I recall right, DOV ISDN calls are 56K not 64K.  This may have an
advantage
if your in an area that meters 64K and not DOV, but if your not in this kind
of
area then I don't think your going to sell much ISDN.

>> Sprint is trying to convince me to buy a PRI instead of a T1.  If I
>> knew the difference, it would sure help...
>>

>	If PRI's are cheaper...buy all means get a PRI.  As meantioned
>	earlier, there are quite a few added benefits to running PRI's
>	instead of CT-1's.  However, this is way off topic for this
>	list.  Look for more info on some ISP lists.

Not really - as I think that there's still a few people out there that would
like to
run terminal servers using PRI cards in a FreeBSD system.