Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:39:47 -0800
From:      Eric M Logan <ericmlogan@mediaone.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ramdisks and mfs...

    Is there a difference between /dev/md* and mounting a partition from
swap.  Let me elaborate.  I have a swap partition mounted and I have
/tmp mounted using the same address as that swap partition.  Anything I
put in /tmp will therefore be gone upon reboot.  Is this what's
considered a ramdisk in Freebsd?  Or, is using /dev/md* mounted
somewhere what's known as a ramdisk in FreeBSD?  In Linux, it's the
latter.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

--
Eric M Logan