Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 98 16:15:02 +0200
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE, lkoeller@odie.lippe.de
Subject:   Still freeze with 3.0-RELEASE, PLEASE give me any suggestions!!

Hello,

I don't see anything obvious in your config. But your kernel
config is very big (and complicated).

What I would suggest is that you start with a minimal config file
(just the hard disks for example) and add device drivers up to the
moment when your system stops working.

Unless you do so, I sincerely doubt there will be anyone helping you
(there are just too many potential problems).

	TfH
> --------
>
> Hello again!
>
> I've just upgraded my 3.0CAM SNAP to 3.0-RELEASE with no problems.
> But there are still a freeze of the system soon after I've enabled
> X11. This is not the kind of a proof X11 is responsibe for the
> problems, but more like an intuition.

[huge snip]
> [...]
> # serial console
> options         BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER	# a BREAK on a comconsole goes to DDB
> options         CONSPEED=19200		#default speed for serial console (default 9600)
>
> device		sio0	at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty flags 0x10 irq 4 vector siointr
> device		sio1	at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
>
> device		lpt0	at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr
>
> # Order is important here due to intrusive probes, do *not* alphabetize
> # this list of network interfaces until the probes have been fixed.
> # Right now it appears that the ie0 must be probed before ep0. See
> # revision 1.20 of this file.
> #device ed0 at isa? port 0x280 net irq ? iomem 0xe8000 vector edintr
>
> #
> # Audio drivers: `snd', `sb', `pas', `gus', `pca'
> #
> controller	snd0
> device	sb0	at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
> device	sbxvi0	at isa? drq 5
> device	sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
> device	awe0	at isa? port 0x620
>
> #device pcm0	at isa? port ? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr
>
> pseudo-device	loop
> pseudo-device	ether
> pseudo-device   ccd		4
> pseudo-device   snp             3  #Snoop device - to look at pty/vty/etc..
> pseudo-device   bpfilter	4
> pseudo-device	sl		2
> # ijppp uses tun instead of ppp device
> pseudo-device	ppp		2
> pseudo-device	tun		3
> pseudo-device	pty		128
> pseudo-device	gzip		#Exec gzipped a.out's
> pseudo-device   vn              #Vnode driver (turns a file into a device)
>
> # i4b passive ISDN cards support (isic - I4b Siemens Isdn Chipset driver)
> # note that the ``options'' and ``device'' lines must BOTH be defined !
>
> # Teles S0/16.3
> options "TEL_S0_16_3"
> device  isic0 at isa? port 0xd80 net irq 10 flags 0x04 vector isicintr
>
> # i4b passive cards D channel handling
> # Q.921
> pseudo-device   "i4bq921"
> # Q.931
> pseudo-device   "i4bq931"
>
> # common passive and active layer 4
> # layer 4
> pseudo-device   "i4b"
>
> # userland driver to do ISDN tracing (for passive cards oly)
> pseudo-device   "i4btrc"        4
> # userland driver to control the whole thing
> pseudo-device   "i4bctl"
> # userland driver for access to raw B channel
> pseudo-device   "i4brbch"       4
> # userland driver for telephony
> pseudo-device   "i4btel"        2
> # network driver for IP over raw HDLC ISDN
> pseudo-device   "i4bipr"        4
> # enable VJ header compression detection for ipr i/f
> options         IPR_VJ
> # network driver for sync PPP over ISDN
> pseudo-device   "i4bisppp"      4
> pseudo-device   sppp            4
>

> XFree86 Version 3.3.2 / X Window System
> (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6300)
[snip]