Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:58:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        "Crist J . Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.ORG>, Henry Su <henrysu@nttmcl.com>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is my ipfw(8) ``fwd'' rule to redirect a service to another machine not working?

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Also, in versions of FreeBSD before 4.6, packets matched while
> INCOMING could only be forwarded to the local host. Outgoing packets
> could be forwarded to an adjoining host. This was fixed while 4.5 was
> cooking and appeared in releases after that. The port number is only
> used for forwarding to the local host.

	Um, so you can now fwd based on incoming packets?  EX:

	ipfw fwd 10.1.2.3 ip from any to 1.1.1.1 in via ed0

	Or is it still the way it is stated in the ipfw man page? EX:

	ipfw fwd 10.1.2.3 ip from any to 1.1.1.1 out recv ed0 xmit xl0

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Don't mind me...I'm just sniffing your packets