Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:46:15 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Michael Grant <mg-fbsd@grant.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   open port RST response messages

I'm getting loads of messages like these in my logs:

/kernel: Limiting open port RST response from 990 to 200 packets per second

What's going on here, is someone sending sending me the RST packet or
is it my server that's RSTing an open connection?

Whatever it is, it's not constant, I've sat there with tcpdump waiting
and watching and have never seen hugh numbers of TCP RST packets going
by:

tcpdump 'tcp[13] & 0x04 != 0'

Michael Grant