Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 02:28:51 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
Cc:        Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>, Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD v Linux

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 01:36:40AM -0400, Bill Fumerola wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 07:16:17PM -0500, Doug Poland wrote:
>
> > I know
> > two Oracle consulting firms and they always recommend
> > Unix and almost always recommend Linux.
>
> Obviously they aren't a consulting company worth a dime if
> they reccommend Oracle/Linux over Oracle/Solaris.

I hate it when I have to play the Solaris-advocate, but you are right
here.  I still have a few doubts though...

Perhaps they find Oracle/Linux easier to support and they suggest this,
instead of Oracle/Solaris, because they do not want to hire a few
Solaris people to match their Oracle folk.  Or their Oracle/Linux
solutions are not that high-end, but are available faster and a smaller
cost.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >