Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 00:56:24 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
Subject:   RE: NE2000 compat??

	First of all, you can dismiss the 3Com out of hand immediately.  Unless you
crave headaches, these aren't the ones you want to deal with.

	Second of all, find out what model the SMC is.  If it's a 9432TX, it will
work very well with FreeBSD (if it doesn't, let me know and if we can't get
it working, I'll buy it).

	FreeBSD has very good support for Intel NICs, so they would be a good
solution too.

--- Andy