Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 23:08:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        bright@rush.net (Alfred Perlstein)
Cc:        Studded@gorean.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What *exactly* does nfsiod do?

Alfred Perlstein wrote,
> On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Studded wrote:
>
> > 	I'm trying to debug some NFS issues with amd and I'm trying to
> > figure out if nfsiod is helping me or hurting me. The man page says,
> >
> >      Nfsiod runs on an NFS client machine to service asynchronous I/O
> >      requests to its server.  It improves performance but is not
> >      required for correct operation.
> >
> > My confusion is about the meaning of "its server" in that sentence. If my
> > machine is an NFS client only (i.e., it's using amd to automount
> > directories on remote machines via NFS) does nfsiod come into play at all?
>
> yes, "its server" refers to the machine that it's using files over NFS.

You used 'it' again and it^H^H^H this version is not really much more
clear. That first line the original poster quoted would read better
as,

     "Nfsiod runs on an NFS client machine to service asynchronous I/O
      requests to the client machine's server."
As originially written, the 'its' is somewhat ambiguous. Does 'it' in
the docs mean 'the client machine' or 'nfsiod?' If it means nsfiod,
what that all means is none too clear.

Worth a PR?