Date:      Thu, 07 Oct 1999 16:33:18 -0400
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weird Missing 'local' Distribution Message During Installation of 3.3-R

With both the CD from Walnut Creek and a CD made from a
recently-downloaded ISO, I get an error message about the installer not
being able to install the 'local' distribution.  I've perused the
mailing-list archive, and there were a few others who noticed this, but
there were no definitive answers.  The system runs fine, as far as I can
tell, but the message makes me wonder if I'm missing something.

I've subscribed to the list today, so I've missed any resent postings
about this topic, if there were any.   Could someone please shed some
light on this error message?

--
PETER SCHWENK                                    |  UNIX System Administrator
Department of Mathematical Sciences              |  University of Delaware