Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2007 14:05:09 +0100 (BST)
From:      Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
To:        Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>, Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Easy switch to xorg 7.2?

> I have successfully installed xorg 7.2 in a couple of new installations
> with minimum fuss. You can do it either from ports or packages.

I used packages, but there were one or two problems, in the form of missing
packages.  In particular, the following packages, required by the xorg
package, aren't in .../Latest:

xkeyboard-config-0.9_3.tbz
xf86-video-nv-1.2.2.1.tbz
xterm-225_1

I built xkeyboard and xterm in the ports, getting newer versions than
the expected ones.  I didn't bother about the nvidia driver as I don't
need it.

Anyway, it now seems to be working!  Thanks for you help.

-- Richard