Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 1998 15:25:51 +0100
From:      Gary Hall <gary.hall@mcg-graphics.com>
To:        groggy@iname.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Internal Modem Setup - beginners question

> > How do I find out if the kernel has detected my modem ?
>
> dmesg | grep sio
>
> > If it hasn't what do I need to alter in order to get it to detect my
> > modem ?
>
> make sure your modem is configured correctly,
> make sure your kernel is configured correctly.

Thanks for your response.

I typed dmesg | grep sio and got the following:

sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
sio0: type 16550A
sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
sio1: type 16550A

Does this mean it is setup or not ?
If not what do I need to do next ?

Please do not think I am being lazy. I genuinely cannot find any more info
on this.

Thanks again for your help.

Gary