Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:20:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      International Man of Mystery <wcooley@nakedape.navi.net>
To:        Ping Mai <ping@stepnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: finger

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Ping Mai wrote:

> Does anyone konw why finger commands running locally works for some
> users but not others (finger : ... : no such user) ?  I am seeing this
> on a 2.2.7 and 2.2.8 release systems.
>
> I didn't get a good answer from -questions so i am trying -isp.

Are you sure your password and shadow files are correct?  Sometimes an
accidental broken line or duplicate username can really do odd things.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                             Naked Ape Consulting
wcooley@nakedape.navi.net                http://nakedape.navi.net

   Internet Meta-Resources: http://nakedape.navi.net/meta-res/
	       "All the Net you need to be a geek."

Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody may be looking.
		-- H.L. Mencken, "A Mencken Chrestomathy"