Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 16:43:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.Org>
Cc:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PAM'ized su(1)

<<On Sat, 08 Jan 2000 12:42:58 -0800, "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.Org> said:

> can go away.  WHEELSU can (and should) be provided by
> pam_wheel.

wollman@khavrinen(2996)$ ls /usr/lib/pam_*.so
/usr/lib/pam_cleartext_pass_ok.so       /usr/lib/pam_radius.so
/usr/lib/pam_deny.so                    /usr/lib/pam_skey.so
/usr/lib/pam_kerberosIV.so              /usr/lib/pam_tacplus.so
/usr/lib/pam_permit.so                  /usr/lib/pam_unix.so

Hmmm.  I don't see any such module.  Or are you proposing to write
one?  (I'm clearly misunderstanding some fundamental part of PAM,
since I don't see how, based on our current usage, anything like the
proper `su' behavior for WHEELSU and Kerberos can be provided --
unless you provide all the N*M combination of modules required.)

-GAWollman