Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:42:24 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        Mike Heffner <mheffner@vt.edu>, audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Config patch to stable.

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <XFMail.20010626234014.mheffner@novacoxmail.com> Mike Heffner writes:
> :  Braces that aren't necessary may be left out.
>
> It is allowed by this statement.  If they may be left out, they may be
> left in too :-)

This statement is a bug in style(9).  To fix it, upgrade to rev.1.22
which said "Don't add braces that aren't necessary".  (Some unnecessary
braces are actually necessary to prevent compiler warnings.  Hopefully
the compiler warnings are of high quality.  I like gcc's warnings about
braces, but not its ones about logical and binary logical operations
in combination with themselves.)

The rule must give an unambigous number of braces; otherwise the code
will keep changing when people who like braces and them and people who
don't like them delete them.

Bruce