Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:19:21 +0100 (CET)
From:      Martin Hinner <mhi@linux.gyarab.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Contribution

Hello,

I have few questions:

a) I am maintainer/author of Filesystems-HOWTO. It's a document describing
dozens of filesystems and accessing them from various OSes. I think it would
be very useful to have this HOWTO in FreeBSD. What do you think? For more
information see http://www.penguin.cz/~mhi/fs/. Should I make a port for you?

b) I'd like to write in my HOWTO also about filesystems in FreeBSD. Can you
help me? Any documents, links and other information are *very* welcome. I'd
like to ask also BSD FFS developers.

c) Few months ago I wrote BFS (UnixWare boot filesystem) Linux kernel
implementation. Because <tigran@sco.com> implemented better (read-write)
version of it, my version is obsolete. If you want to port this code to
FreeBSD, I can re-release it under BSD license. There is small problem - I've
never developer anything to FreeBSD kernel.

d) I installed FreeBSD on extended partition using GRUB bootmanager (see GNU
homepage). Are you interested?

Thanks,
 Martin.
--
 mhi@sunsite.unc.edu
 PGP: 1024/226C5935  2E A6 9F 01 D1 88 85 15  9B 08 12 34 4C 46 41 21