Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 2010 08:20:17 -0400
From:      Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   camcontrol rescan all - locks system

Hi,

Running FreeBSD 8.1 stable on this particular box.  I ran a camcontrol
devlist and didn't see my external tape library listed.  I powered it up
and ran a 'camcontrol rescan all'.  Now the system is froxen.  Not
crashed, but nearly frozen.  It responds to pings.  New ssh sessions are
  not connecting.  Existing ssh sessions take one command and do not
respond.  The console takes my login id, but does not prompt for the
password.

I could reboot, but I'm about to go out for a bit and figured I'd ask
here and see what happens in my absence.

:)