Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 19:34:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
Cc:        <dougb@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: xscreensaver & libgle

I ran into a similar problem with 4.0.3, and people have also reported
this same issue.  I added XFREE86_VERSION=4 to /etc/make.conf, and built
Mesa and freetype2.  This supposedly added the bits of each package that
XFree didn't come with.  However, some header files were missing from the
Mesa package.  I manually copied the headers (as xscreensaver complained
about them) to /usr/X11R6/include/GL, and things eventually worked.

So, building Mesa, and doing the manual copy should get you going.  Doug
mentioned he was going to look into a better solution.

Joe Clarke