Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:44:39 -0500
From:      "Jon Passki" <jon.passki@neicoltech.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Oh, boy, another VPN question

Okay, I've browsed the mail archive on http://www.freebsd.org and
http://www.deja.com for a FreeBSD + VPN solution w/ interoperability on a
Windows NT network.  SKIP, NATD/IPFW, IPFilter, IPSec, SSH, yadda yadda
yadda... I'll lay out the scenario, and see what the guru's say :)

----------
----------   FreeBSD Client Secondary.
     |       Internet Connection, don't care how the client connects
     |       just that their client software supports the connection.

  Internet
 Connection

------------------
| Uplink's Cisco |
| 3000 Router    |
------------------

--------------
|DMZ Gateway | FreeBSD 3.2 w/ NATD/IPFW and DHCP on the internal
--------------
     | 192.168.0.1 (vx0)
     |
     | 192.168.0.0/16
NT Network w/ a variety of servers needed for internal development, file
access, and other resources

What have people used or seen to let a client (running whatever client
software) get access to the internal network, and access the internal
resources (printers, file servers, ...)?  I DON'T want to have an NT Server
on the DMZ (I ph33r NT's security :), so the choice is to incorporate either
a proxy into the FreeBSD box, or to configure the existing setup.

Would there be a better solution other to any I have suggestion?

Jon Passki