Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 1998 14:43:26 +0100
From:      Marco Masotti <masotti@mclink.it>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Binaries NFS transparency

I'm trying to NFS share a bunch of binaries, whose size is fairly big,
from some megs to hundreds.

The NFS server is a PPro FBSD 2.2.5-REL, the client is an Enterprise
4000 with Solaris 2.5.1

At runtime some of the application functions just get stuck.

I don't think this problem is FreeBSD specific, but is anyone to recall
which recommendations and points worth attention when buying into a NFS
choice?

Referring to my problem, could it be possible a data rapresentation
mismatch/inchoerency between the two platforms (FreeBSD and Solaris), or
just merely a problem related with the big sizes of the binaries
involved?

Thanks

 - Marco