Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 1999 04:59:10 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        aa8vb@pagesz.net (Randall Hopper)
Cc:        santry@bc.edu, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fxtv w/o Voxware

> Sean Santry:
>  |How are you?  I have installed the Fxtv 0.47 port on a FreeBSD-STABLE
>  |(3.0) system using a Hauppauge WinCast/TV (BT878) and a SoundBlaster
>  |PCI128.  Fxtv works great for me except for one thing:  I don't get any
>  |sound.  I noticed in the README that one of the build-time dependencies
>  |is Voxware.  Well, voxware doesn't support my sound card, but Luigi's
>  |PCM driver does (and works quite well).  Should I be able to get  sound
>  |out of Fxtv with this setup?
>
> As far as I know, yes.  Ask Luigi <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it> to be sure
> though.

As far as I know, yes. one source of problems could be that there is
some confusion in the pcm driver (read: in its author's mind) on the
use of volume control for alternate sources such as synth, cdrom, aux
etc. A quick test could be to manually (using the "mixer" command)
raise the volume levels for all sources and see if things improve.

	cheers
	luigi