Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 13:54:48 -0600
From:      GB Clark II <gclarkii@vsservices.com>
To:        Melik Bessaha <seek3r@neurotic.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DBMS and BSD

On Friday 07 December 2001 06:30, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering as to which DBMSes most of you were running on our
> kick-ass O/S. :)  I have found it an unbelievable pain in the arse to
> run Oracle 8i, what with the severe lack of support.  And so I would
> like some input concerning your trials and tribulations and successes
> regarding the DBMS you use in conjunction with the jdbc drivers and jdks
> available to us currently.
>
> So to put it simply: What dbms do you use and which drivers/jdks as well.
>

> Thanks so much for the help!
>
> -Mel
Hi,

I use PostgreSQL here.  I've got sites running it via both JDBC and PHP/Perl.
No problems.  Some of the older versions (I'm running 7.2B3 here) did have
problems, but I've not had a problem yet (In 6 months) that I could not trace
back to my own stupidity...)

GB

--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek