Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:06:54 +0100
From:      David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
To:        rosenkranz@geocities.com
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where to start isdnd?

rosenkranz@geocities.com writes:
> >From where should I call isdnd? Sure, rc.local would probably be the
> place for that *but* I'm using an I4BTel answering machine which at
> some point executes metasend to mail me the recorded message. Meta-
> send does not work when isdnd (as the parent process) is started from
> there. Metasend simply does nothing. My guess is that some Environ-
> ment variable (e.g. mailer or whatever) is not defined at the point
> isdnd is launched and thus won't work.

1) You should start it in rc.local
2) You can figure out what your answering machine needs
or
2a) You write a wrapper sh script for your AM.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION