Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:46:59 -0500
From:      Alan Gerber <agerber@ncsu.edu>
To:        Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
Cc:        "Li, Qing" <qing.li@bluecoat.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound on Dell D600 laptop

Sound works beautifully on my D600.  Unfortunately, I don't have it in
front of me at work.  But from what I remember, all you need to do is
load the snd_ich driver via kldload(8).

Alternatively as Doug mentioned, you can place the line into
/boot/loader.conf to make the system load the driver at startup.  The
proper driver as I recall is snd_ich, so you'll need to use the line:

snd_ich_load="YES"

--
Alan Gerber