Date:      Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:33:24 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Vasile C <v.cristescu@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup question

Vasile C wrote:
> Can someone PLEASE answer my question without asking me more questions ?
> Is there a way to change the reconnect time or not ?

Not without modifying the source code to cvsup.

What I recommend you do is add the '-1' flag to your cvsup command line
 -- so cvsup will try once to pull down the updates and then exit.  Then
you can use a trivial bit of shell scripting to try again if the first
attempt failed, although you should try to cvsup from a different server
if you need to retry.

eg.

    #!/bin/sh

    CVSUP=/usr/local/bin/cvsup
    CVSUPFLAGS=-1 -g -L2 /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
    CVSUPSERVERS='
        cvsup.xx.freebsd.org
        cvsup.yy.freebsd.org
        cvsup.zz.freebsd.org
        '
    OTHERCMDS=portsdb -Uu && portupgrade

    for $h in $CVSUPSERVERS ; do
	$CVSUP -h $h $CVSUPFLAGS && \
        $OTHERCMDS               && \
        break
    done

Note: untested code intended only as an outline of what you might do --
will need some work before suitable for serious use.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Flat 3
                                                      Kent, CT11 9PW