Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 1998 13:38:19 -0300
From:      Luiz Lins <luigi@vecom.com.br>
To:        Roy Teahen <teahen_r@cis.baker.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3com 3C90x Ethernet/FastEthernet Cards

Roy Teahen wrote:

> Your Information states that you support the 3Com 3C90X cards but I
> do not see any support in your product for these cards.  Could you
> send me any information on what I need to do to configure these
> cards.
>
> Thanks
>
> Roy Teahen
> Baker College

  Greetings,

                    I have four 3Com 3C509 cards in my FreeBSD boxes and
worked fine, I installed them using the "ep" driver while setting the
hardware configuration . You can  configure your kernel typing  "-c"
when appears "boot:" on your screen then you get a prompt like
"config>" and then type "visual" ... After setting all up (be sure you
checked the address and IRQ) save the new configuration and it's done.

                If you have other cards then 3C509, take a look at
FreeBSD-FAQ pages 22, 23. There are a complete (I think) list with cards
supported and respective drivers.

                                                                    Luiz
Lins

<luigi@vecom.com.br>

LINKOTECA BRASIL - Brazil's biggest search site.