Date:      Sun, 05 Jul 1998 15:43:23 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   radio vs. tv tunning

Just trying to find out if anyone knows anything about fm tunning vs tv tunning
for a Philips FR1236.

Not sure if it is a bug or not with the current driver and my bt878 such
that when my system first comes up , if I start "radio" is able to tune
to stations with no problem however if I start fxtv and exit , subsequent
invocations of "radio" are off by -5.50 .

Additionally, Flemming Jacobsen radio's README file states:

	BUG
---------------
The initialization routine is not quite complete. This means that in order
to use the radio, you have to start and stop fxtv after each powercycle,
before you start the radio.
If anyone figures out what I'm missing, I'd love to hear about it.

So we need to sort out  the proper initialization of the fr1236 with respect
to FM .

ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/fr1216.pdf
ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/radio.tgz

and radio is also available from : http://www.freebsd.org/~ahasty/Bt848.html