Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:51:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Don Stonebraker <stoney@florence.ds.adp.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Don Stonebraker (E-mail)" <stoney@corky.FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SCSI Controller - NO DRIVER ASSIGNED

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Don Stonebraker wrote:

> We have a machine running FreeBSD release 2.1.5.

	In all likelihood this problem is fixed in 3.3-Stable. I know that
I use an adaptec 2940 UW on that system without difficulty. In any case
getting support for a branch of freebsd that's been dead for so long will
in all likelihood just not happen, so your best bet is to put your effort
into the upgrade. Info on that is available on the web page.

Good luck,

Doug