Date:      Sat, 9 Aug 1997 22:25:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: variable sized arrays and gcc

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997, Bill Paul wrote:

> Is this a side-effect of GNU C and GNU C++ being joined together at
> the hip, or did I just miss a memo somewhere?

gcc has a lot of "features".  Sometimes they are helpful, sometimes they
are stupid, nearly always they are annoying if you get used to useing them
then stop using gcc.

Nested functions, typeof(), macros with variable args (I _really_ wish
this was standard sometimes...), inline functions... the list goes on and
on.  I would be willing to bet you could write a short program using some
of gcc's extensions that would look crazy to a good ANSI C programmer.