Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:58:44 CST
From:      "bsdnewbie bsdnewbie" <bsdnewbie@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   _use bread(...) to access /dev/ad1 ???!!!

I want to access /dev/ad1 via the strategy function "adstrategy" in the file
"ata-disk.c".

I can get the dev_t & softc structure of ad1 and no slice on ad1 was
mounted.

My problem is:
1) How to call the function adstategy?

2) Someone said that the function bread(struct vnode *, ...) can do, but I
do not know how to get the vnode arg.  How to use this function? The "man
vnode" said that an active file has a vnode, and in unix, devices are also
files, so it seems that ad1 has a corresponding vnode, but how to get it?

3) if bread() is used to read, bwrite() is used to write, why bwrite does
not has the vnode arg while bread have?

Thanks

best regards,
bsdnewbie