Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 23:47:58 -0500
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Can't make buildworld after botched installworld

Doug Barton wrote:

> Brandon Fosdick wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing my binaries are now scrambled. I don't have a 3.4 cd (i have 3.2)
> > and none of the ftp servers want to give me an ISO faster than a few kps (im on
> > a 10mbps lan). How do I fix this? I can always provide more info if needed.
>
>         It would probably take less time and energy on your part to re-install
> with the CD you have and then upgrade to 3.4-Stable. Sorting out exactly
> what's wrong and then trying to fix it would be a pretty big task at
> this point.

That's what I figured. But just for kicks I tried rebuilding/installing
objformat. It had problems with strip so I recompiled that too. But aparently
strip needs strip in order to install. So I mounted the live filesystem cd and
copied strip from there. Then build/install world worked fine. Why does strip
depend on strip?

-Brandon
--
bfoz@glue.umd.edu