Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:37:35 +0100 (BST)
From:      "J. A. Landamore" <jal@mcs.le.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting over two disks

I have a user with a setup that has dos/w2k/freebsd on one disk and Windows98 on
a second disk.  I am unable to get W98 to boot without disconnecting the first
disk.  The bootloader comes up with option F5, disk 1, but that just boots the
first partition on the primary disk.  I've looked at boot0cfg but that just
shows the 3 partitions on the primary disk.  How can I let the user boot from
W98 as well as the other 3 partitions?

As an aside where does boot0cfg -v get the information from, is it fdisk, and
what does the falg field mean?

Please reply to me directly as I don't subscribe to the mailing list.

Thanks for your help

John Landamore                         | Please re-install Universe |
Sys. Admin                             |       and reboot           |
Dept Mathematics & Computer Science    |                            |
University of Leicester                |       Hogfather            |
University Road, LEICESTER, LE1 7RH    |    Terry Pratchett         |
J.Landamore@mcs.le.ac.uk
Phone: +44 (0)116 2523410       Fax: +44 (0)116 2523604