Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:43:29 -0600
From:      Chris Cook <ccook@tcworks.net>
To:        Karim Mansur <karim@nettech.com.br>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adjusting Tunning II

Karim Mansur wrote:

> I am configuring a FreeBSD 4.2 STABLE to be serving of email with 5000
> users and server of www with approximately 400 virtual domains.
> It would like sugesttions of parameters to get good performace of schemes.

One box?  That is a very large number of virtual domains for one box
running (I assume) apache.  They recommend about 200 virtual hosts max
but of course that depends on the load.  I suggest having two seperate
boxes for mail and www.  That way if you need to work on one or the
other you do not disrupt both services and the load will be much more
balanced.

--
Chris

|Chris Cook - Admin     |TCWORKS.NET - http://www.tcworks.net |