Date:      Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:52:20 +0200
From:      "Putinas Piliponis" <Putinas.Piliponis@hansa.lt>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vmware calcru runtime went backward and huge inaccuracy in clock

Hey,

=20

I know I am not the first who brings up this problem. But browsing
trough mail archives I didn't found a working solution.

I am running vmware 5.5 currently and FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE. After
upgrading from 5.4 (at the same time I upgraded vmware from 5.0 so can't
really say which fault is it).

I noticed what I don't get daily reports. After small investigation I
found out what clock inaccuracy is like in 2 minutes I get 1 minute time
delay from real clock.

(I wait 2 minutes, I do ntpdate with server, I get every time offset 60
seconds)

I tried all kern.timecounter.hardware available options (ACPI-Fast,
i8254, TSC)

pretty much same result with all of them.

=20

Time on host machine is accurate.

As well I have on other host (with same hardware) running VMware 5.0
with FreeBSD 5.4

with timecounter.hardware: ACPI-safe and time accuracy there is like 60s
in 24h (or normal in other words).

=20

=20

Soo.. here comes my question, is it vmware fault, or is it FreeBSD
fault?

And any suggestions what I can do about ?

=20