Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:52:20 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey Jhs@jhs.muc.de" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>, Rudy <rudy@monkeybrains.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /kernel: Too many dynamic rules, sorry

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > Summer 1999 or before,
> > I ran out of space for all my rules, I append my
>
> Julian, i think you are talking about a different thing.
>
> The original posting was referring to the stateful (aka dynamic) ipfw
> rules, which were introduced in Jan2000.
>
> The patches which someone else mentioned were related to configuring
> timeouts on stateful rules.
>
> Your patches just modify the increment in autonumbering ipfw rules.

Yup, just a tiny change (after a lot of code scanning).

> [and the only reason i spotted this is the "Summer 1999" ...]
>
> 	cheers
> 	luigi

Ah, sorry, my mail stream was disrupted so I came back on line half way
through this thread, & off at a tangent, sorry !  (PS I have read about
dynamic rules now I recall, but not tried them yet).

Julian
-
Julian Stacey	http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/
Munich Unix Consultant.		Free BSD Unix with 3900 packages & sources.