Date:      Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:43:42 -0700
From:      Rogue_Spider <micheal.mr.k@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acroread porting problem

On 13 Jun 2005 20:08:29 -0400, Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> Rogue_Spider <micheal.mr.k@gmail.com> writes:
>=20
> > I installed a port acroread from my sysinsall
> > from freebsd 5.0 iso on my system i than told
> > kde to use acroread to open all pdf files
> > ghostview would not work so i decided to
> > use acroread when i than try to launch the
> > program it says "cant find acroread"
> > i found the exe and tried to launch it by
> > itself again same message? i read that
> > there was some problems with it being
> > ported to the wrong directory, is that the problem?
> > if so what directory should it be in?
>=20
> /usr/local/bin/acroread
>=20
> Either add /usr/local/bin to your path or call it with the entire path.
>=20
pretend i am knew to freebsd / i am \
ok=20
i tried moving shell script from /usr/local/acroread5/bin
to /usr/local/bin/ -didna work-
do i move the entire folder over?executable?or other?

--=20
Who knows the web better than anyone?
Rogue_Spider
and Google.