Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 21:08:01 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Khetan Gajjar' <khetan@os.org.za>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Unknown UID quota problems on a softupdate-enabled slice

Are you sure it's a "problem" and not that you have files with unknown
owners?  I noticed the same thing at one point on my system, so I used find
to find those particular files.  It turned out to be from some ports I
hadn't "make cleaned".  As you probably know, the ownerships are retained
when extracting a tarball.

Try, find /home -user "4143380214", to see what the files are.

-Chris